- Operating speeds from DC - 20 MHz
- Interrupt capability
- 35 single word instructions
- Internal and external oscillator options
- Programmable weak pull-ups on PORTb
- 16 I/O pins with individual direction control
- Analog comparator module with:
- Two analog comparators
- Programmable on-chip voltage reference
- Selectable internal or external reference
- Comparator outputs are externally accessible
- Capture, Compare, PWM module
- 16-bit Capture/Compare
- 10-bit PWM
- 128 bytes of EEPROM data memory
- 2K flash program memory
- Addressable Universal Synchronous/Asynchronous
The PIC16F627A/628A/648A have two ports, PORTA and PORTB. Some pins for these I/O ports are multiplexed with alternate functions for the peripheral features on the device.
Note: While using PORTA pins as Digital Input/Output, always remember to disable the comparator functions on PORTA.0, 1, 2, 3 pins. You can do that by programming the CMCON register = 0x07.
For more detail about PIC16F628A, please read the datasheet from Microchip.